Golf Course Information
The Old Capital Golf Club was originally founded as a nine-hole, member-owned golf course in 1946, known as the Corydon Country Club. The charter members bought the land, built the clubhouse and course, and were responsible for all upkeep and maintenance to the property and buildings.
The original course had sand "greens". Each "green" would have to be smoothed out by the last player in each group before going on to the next hole. The actual greens were installed in 1957, (the only year in the club's history that there was no Club Championship tournament played)
Golf carts made their debut at the Corydon Country Club in the mid-sixties -- the first carts used at the course were one or two that were privately owned by members. Then the club board decided to purchase six golf carts and charge a fee for members to use them, disallowing the use of private carts.
In 1995, the members purchased additional land, and added nine additional holes, making it an 18-hole, par-72 championship course. In 1998, the club was purchased by Douglas T. Breeden and Mark B. Wiseman -- both long-time residents of the area -- and was renamed the Old Capital Golf Club. (Mr. Breeden has since become the sole owner) The club retained a golf membership, with various levels and benefits available, but also opened the course to public play.
The new owners devised a renovation plan for the 18-hole course to make the Old Capital Golf Club one of the best in Southern Indiana! Nine new holes were opened in July, 2000, and the remaining nine were opened June, 2001. Recent renovations have been completed on hole numbers 14, 8 and 9 as well as many new tees and landscaping. The current owners of Old Capital Golf Club are committed to providing outstanding service , state-of-the-art facilities and a great golf experience to all of our customers!
Green Fees and Rates
Please call 812-738-2277 for current rates.
Take Hwy 62 West From Lanesville. After approx. 6 miles, look for Corydon--New Middletown Rd. on the left. The next left is the entrance to the Club.
Take Interstate 64 West.
-Method#1: Take the Lanesville exit (#113) and turn left at the stop sign. Continue until the road ends at Highway 62. Turn right onto Hwy. 62 (to the left is Lanesville) and follow directions above.
-Method #2: Take Interstate 64 to Exit 105. At stoplight, turn right onto Hwy. 135S. Turn left at third light, and continue on Old Hwy. 135S. Follow 135S (Capital Ave.) through two more stoplights into Corydon, and turn left at the third light (Chestnut St.). Continue on Hwy 62 E (Chestnut St.) past the stoplight and through Corydon. Turn right into the Club about 1-1/2 miles out of Corydon(you will see the course well in advance)
Take Hwy 62 east From Leavenworth. Follow the signs and stay on Highway 62 all the way through Corydon. The club is about 1-1/2 miles past Corydon on the right.
Green Fees and RatesCall 812-738-2277 for rates and tee times.
Tee Times & Reservations
ReservationsCall 812-738-2277 For Reservation Policy
Golf Course Amenities
Pro On Site:
Homes On Course:
200, 150, 100 Yard Markers
Contact Old Capital Golf Club at 812-738-2277 for more information and details on holding a golf outing at the course.
Contact Old Capital Golf Club at 812-738-2277.
Restaurant and Dining Options:Contact Old Capital Golf Club at 812-738-2277 for onsite or nearby dining options.
This profile was last updated on 07/09/2013 and has been viewed 6,344 times.